Being a mom is hard work. Especially in the morning when you are trying to get yourself and your kids ready, fed and out the door before you end up late for work. I am pretty sure that most moms with toddlers just skip putting on their makeup in the morning and either do it in the car on the way to work, or not at all.
I know I don’t have the time to put on makeup before getting my kids up and ready for the day, unless I were to wake up an hour before everyone else and lets be honest, we need our sleep more than we need our makeup on. I work from home so I don’t necessarily need to put on makeup or even get dressed for the day! However, I do like to feel put together and so I use naptime as my time to get ready and put my makeup on.
First and foremost, the key to a quick and easy makeup routine, is having a great starting point. You want to make sure you are using quality skincare products that leave your face clean, smooth, and prepped for makeup. I recommend using a good Cleanser, Serum and Moisturizer both morning and night.
Quick and Flawless Makeup Tips:
- Apply a BB cream (Beauty Balm or Blemish Balm) all over your face. This will replace your moisturizer, primer and foundation and make getting ready and having a flawless look even easier. A few good brands to try would be e.l.f and for $6 you can’t go wrong, Magic Skin Beautifier by L’Oréal Paris $10.99, Or a more expensive brand to try is Tarte at $36.00 for their Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20.
- Eyeshadow. Use more natural tones to keep your look simple and quick. You can cut down on time if you have an eyeshadow palette that also includes a blush, bronzer and highlighter. I recommend Bellame’s Luxe Color Palette with 4 eyeshadows, Blush, Bronzer and Highlighter for $68.00, Bobbi Brown Deluxe Check and Eye Palette for $85.00, or Urban Decay Naked On The Run Palette $54.89.
- Next apply your bronzer in the shape of a “3” from the top of your forehead to underneath your chin. Make sure to get under your cheekbones to make your face look slimmer.
- Where you apply blush depends on your face shape, but I typically apply mine right above the bronzer and take it up towards the top of my ear.
- If you have time, apply highlighter above your cheekbones, down your nose, in the corners of your eyes, and above your cupid’s bow. This will brighten your face and give you a gorgeous glow.
- Fill in your eyebrows if needed. I like to use either a pencil or a gel using a small angled eyebrow brush. You can skip this step if your eyebrows are already amazing or you just don’t care about shaped eyebrows. I like e.l.f Instant Lift Brow Pencil $2.00, Maybelline Tattoo Studio $13.00, or Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW Pomade $21.00.
- Don’t forget your eyelashes! Use an eyelash curler on each eye for 3 seconds, then apply your favorite mascara. I recommend Better Than Sex Mascara by Two Faced $25.00.
- Last step is to add a little color to your lips! Either a lip gloss or lipstick. I personally love Bellame Lip Lacquer in the color Napa $27.00, or Bellame Moisturizing Lipstick in Bombshell $28.00.
Just remember, if you use a good quality skincare and high quality makeup then you won’t have to apply as much makeup and you will save time in the morning when getting ready for the day.
Quick and Easy Makeup
Applying makeup doesn’t have to be a long and complicated process. If you make sure to buy quality skincare, then you can cut back on applying foundation and concealer. If you use eyeshadow palettes that also include other products for your face, that will cut down on cost and having to pull everything out of your makeup bag. If you have amazing eyebrows, that’s a whole step you can skip! If you have eyelash extensions, even better! Don’t skip the gloss or lipstick though.. a finished look is one with a pretty color on your lips! So make sure to invest in some good lipgloss or lipstick that you will WANT to apply on a daily basis.